- Article 1.(Scope of Application)
1. Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered in between this Ryokan and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subjected to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided here in the application shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the case when the Ryokan has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
- Article 2.(Application for Accommodation Contract)
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan shall notify the Ryokan of the following particulars:
- (1) Name of the Guest(s);
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- (3) Accommodation charges (based in principle on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No. 1)
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. If Guests request to extend their stay, during their stay, beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
- Article 3.(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Ryokan has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Ryokan has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit set by the Ryokan within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Ryokan.
3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charge to be paid by the Guest, secondly for cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for reparations under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment for accommodation as stated in Article 12.
4. If the Guest fails to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Ryokan shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Ryokan when the period of Payment of the deposit is specified.
- Article 4.(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Ryokan may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2. In the case when the Ryokan has not requested payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as though the Ryokan has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- Article 5.(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
The Ryokan may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- (2) When the Ryokan is fully booked and there is no vacancy;
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
- (4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
- (5) When the Ryokan and/or Ryokan staff are violently threatened or unreasonably burdened by the Guest;
- (6) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- (7) When the person requesting Ryokan accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when the person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (when provisions of Article 14 of Tokyo Hotel and Ryokan Management Law are applicable);
- (8) When the person requesting Ryokan accommodation is a member of an organized crime group, under Article 2-6 of Law on Preventing Unreasonable Conduct by Organized Crime Groups (Code 77 issued in 1991), or a related party, under Article 2-2 of said law;
- Article 6.(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Ryokan.
2. If the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Ryokan has requested payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of payment of cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. If the Guest does not appear by 10:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without advance notice (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified), the Ryokan may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
- Article 7.(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Ryokan)
1. The Ryokan may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- (1) When the Guest is deemed liable for conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
- (2) When the Guest can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
- (3) When the Ryokan and/or Ryokan staff suffers from violent threat or unreasonable burden from the Guest. Or, when it is acknowledged that similar activities have occurred in the past;
- (4) When the Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
- (5) When the person requesting Ryokan accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (when the provisions of Article 4 of The Aichi Prefectural Ordinance are applicable);
- (6) When the person requesting Ryokan accommodation is a member of an organized crime group, under Article 2-6 of Law on Preventing Unreasonable Conduct by Organized Crime groups (Code 77 issued in 1991), or a related party, under Article 2-2 of said law;
- (7) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampers with fire-fighting facilities and otherwise breaches Ryokan Regulations stipulated by the Ryokan (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid causing fires).
2. If the Ryokan has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan shall not charge the Guest for any of the services during the contractual period he/she has not received.
- Article 8.(Registration)
1. The Guest shall register the following particulars the Front Desk of the Ryokan on the day of accommodation:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- (2) Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
- (3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan.
2. All Guests of foreign nationality who do not reside within Japan will be asked to leave a photocopy of their passport at the Front Desk.
3. In the case where the Guest intends to pay his/her accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheque coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- Article 9.(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Ryokan from 2:00 p.m. on the day of arrival to 12:00 noon on the day of departure. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy the guest room all day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
2. The Ryokan may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph, in this case, extra charges shall apply as follows:
- (1) 10% of room rate until 1 hour excess
- (2) 30% of room rate until 2 hours excess
- (3) 50% of room rate up to 4 hours
- (4) 100% of room rate for over 6 hours
- Article 10.(Observance of Ryokan Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Ryokan Regulations established by the Ryokan. Ryokan Regulations are posted within the premises of the Ryokan.
- Article 11.(Business Hours)
1. The business hours of the main facilities of this ryokan are as follows.
- (1) No curfew
- (2) Front service: 24 hours
- (3) Use of lounge: 15: 00-23: 00 07: 30-11: 00
Please refer to the Service Directory.
2. The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the Ryokan. In such cases, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
- Article 12.(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
1. The explanation of accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No. 1.
2. Accommodation charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid at Front Desk at the time of the Guest’s departure or upon request by the Ryokan in Japanese currency. Other means acceptable to the Ryokan are traveler’s cheques, coupons and credit cards.
3. Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him/her by the Ryokan.
- Article 13.(Liabilities of the Hotel)
1. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Ryokan has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Ryokan is not liable.
2. The Ryokan is covered by Ryokan Liability Insurance to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
- Article 14.(Handling when Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
1. The Ryokan shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations. However, when the Ryokan cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Ryokan is not liable, the Ryokan will not compensate the Guest.
- Article 15.(Handling of Deposited Articles)
1. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Ryokan has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Ryokan shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of 150,000 yen.
2. The Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Ryokan, to the goods, cash or valuables brought onto the premises of the Ryokan by the Guest but are not deposited at the Front Desk.However, for articles of which the nature and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Ryokan shall compensate the guest up to a maximum of 150,000 yen.
- Article 16.(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of Guest)
1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Ryokan before his/her arrival, the Ryokan shall be liable to store it only in the case when such a request has been accepted from the Ryokan. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his/her check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found after check-out and ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no such instructions are given to the Ryokan by the owner or when ownership is not confirmed, the Ryokan shall handle it according to the Lost Goods Act.
3. The Ryokan’s liability in regards to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
- Article 17.(Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan for damage caused through intent or negligence on part of the Guest.
- Article 18.(Governing Language)
These terms are provided in both Japanese and English. In case of a discrepancy between the Japanese and the English, the Japanese version will take precedence.
- Article 19.(Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws)
Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation Contract will be resolved in the courts in the jurisdiction of the Ryokan and in accordance with Japanese law. Attached Table No. 1 Calculation Method for Accommodation Charges
|Total amount to be paid
by the Guest
|(1) Basic Accommodation Charge
(Room charge including breakfast)
|Extra Charges||(2)Meals, Drinks and other Expenses|
|Taxes||Consumption Tax Accommodation tax
(in the case of 10,000 yen or more)
Remarks:These charges are subject to change in accordance with revisions to the Tax Laws concerned.
|Reservation cancellation date||Individual||Group|
|1 Day Prior to
1. The percentages signify the cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted are reduced, cancellation charges for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is canceled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for persons in the booking equivalent to 10% (with fractions rounded up) of the total number of persons if cancellation is made 10 days prior to occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date).
Terms of Service
The following are the rules of Kaminarimon Ryokan. Please be sure to read them before your stay. We have established the following rules based on the Terms and Conditions of Accommodation in order to ensure that our guests can stay safely and comfortably. If you can not comply with these rules, you may be refused to use the accommodation and other various facilities within the ryokan in accordance with Article 7 of the Terms and Conditions. You may be held liable for the damage(s) in the event of an accident arising from neglect of the regulations.
- Article 1 Use of Guest Rooms
1. Please check the evacuation route map presented on the back of the room entrance door.
2. Please refrain from inviting non-registered guests inside the rooms.
3. Please note that long-term accommodation does not create a legal right to reside.
4. A party of only under aged guests is not allowed to stay, unless the parent(s)’s permission is granted. In addition, guests who cause annoyance and anxieties to other guests (including irrational behaviors caused by mental deprivation, drugs, drinking, etc.) are also not allowed to stay in the ryokan.
- Article 2 Room Keys
1. When leaving your room, please make sure the door is locked.
2. Please show your room key at the front desk when you purchase any goods in the ryokan.
3. Your room key must be returned to the front desk when you check out.
- Article 3 Visitors and Meetings
1. Room use is for guests only.
2. Visitors are allowed in the ryokan public lobby until 22:00.
- Article 4 In the Guest Rooms
1. Please do not use fire, candles, etc. for heating / cooking in the room or in the corridor without permission of the ryokan.
2. Cooking in the room is prohibited.
3. All our rooms are Non-Smoking. Please do not smoke, especially in places that may easily catch fire, such as the bed.
4. Please do not use your room for any purpose other than accommodation, such as business meetings, offices, and parties, without permission.
5. Please do not move the equipment in the room without permission, and do not modify the room facilities.
6. Please do not take any items or facility goods in the room outside.
7. Please do not put anything on the window sill that may damage the appearance of the ryokan.
- Article 5 Valuables
For the storage of cash, precious metals, and other valuables during your stay, please use the free safe provided in each room.
- Article 6 Item Deposits
The storage period of unclaimed articles will be as follows, unless specified. Unclaimed articles that exceed the storage period noted below will be considered as abandoned, in accordance with the law.
1. Articles left at the front desk from visitors: 1 month (excluding raw food)
2. Articles left at the cloakroom: 1 month
- Article 7 Lost and Found
Please keep in mind that the items left in the rooms will be kept at the ryokan for 7 days including the date of discovery, and will be sent to the nearest police station after.
- Article 8 Payment
1. Payment shall be made in cash, accommodation vouchers, credit cards, etc., or any other means accepted by the ryokan.
2. Please note that you may be required to make a deposit upon your arrival.
3. Guests may be requested to settle the payment during the stay. Please make the payment when requested. If you fail to pay at the time of request, we may ask you to vacate the room.
4. If a non-registered guest is to pay for the charge but the payment is made by the agreed date, we will request the registered guest to make the payment.
5. Please note that additional charges will apply when using in-room telephones (including international access telephones) and fax machines.
- Article 9 Prohibited Matters
Please do not bring in the following items or act in the following manners that may disturb other guests in the ryokan building.
1. Dogs, cats, birds, and other animals.
2. Inflammable and/or flammable items.
3. Items that emit offensive odors or poison.
4. Items that are prohibited by law.
5. Destructive, intimidating behaviors, behaviors that disturbs our customs, or behaviors that makes other guests feel uncomfortable (including noises).
6. Wearing the slippers outside of the room.
7. Using our room facilities and items in an unintended purpose.
8. Advertising, distribution of promotional material, sale of goods, solicitation, etc.
- Article 10 To Save Our Resources
1. In order to conserve resources, please cooperate in saving water and electricity.